Comstock Compass High School
School Improvement Plan & Annual Education Report
The vision of Comstock Public Schools is to be a national leader in providing quality public education.
The mission of Comstock Public Schools is to provide excellence in education for all students through innovation and creativity.
Comstock Compass High School believes (after the Coalition of Essential Schools Model) as educators we should:
- Help students learn to use their minds well.
- Emphasize depth over breadth.
- Apply the school's goals to all students.
- Personalize teaching and learning.
- Embrace the metaphor "student as worker, teacher as coach."
- Require students to demonstrate mastery through exhibition.
- Stress un-anxious expectation, trust, and decency.
- Consider teachers as generalists with a commitment to the entire school.
- Resources dedicated to teaching and learning.
- Model democratic and equitable practices.
Compass HS - 2013-2014 AER Report.pdf
Compass School Improvement Plan 2016-17.pdf